Monday, March 29, 2010

April Psychologist and Dietician Appointments

Weight at last weigh in: 138.7
Current Weight: 137.7
Amount of saline in balloon : 1360ml
Amount lost since last entry: 1kg

Ok so we had our clinic appointments for April at the end of March because Easter falls from the 2nd-5th April this year.

I had my psychologist and dietician appointments today (see Dr L tomorrow)
I've lost 1kg since my last adjustment, it's disappointing but I've only got myself to blame for not exercising more lol.

I'm going to have another adjustment tomorrow of 50ml, coz I've noticed my portion sizes going up again slightly.

Rather than being satisfied with the regular portion I give myself, I'm doubling or going back for seconds. It's still 1/2, if not 1/4 of what I could eat pre-surgery though but now that I've seen how little I can survive on anything more than that seems so much to me.

I think I'm also a little paranoid that soon I won't even notice the portion sizes going up and be eating way too much. I know my food issues are fixed. I don't binge any more, I don't make poor food choices nearly as often as I used to. I've made the lifestyle change with regards to the types of food I eat on a regular basis and I can't see myself going back.

I don't deny myself anything, if I want chocolate I have chocolate. I just don't seem to needs a much to satisfy the craving as I used to. 1/2 a Mars bar satisfies my chocolate cravings now where as pre-surgery it'd take 2 or 3 of them.

As far as exercising goes the working theory is that because I don't work, I don't have structure in my life so therefore have difficulty working exercise into my daily routine. Which is true, to some degree.

When my son is at school I just bum around the house, tidying, cleaning and net surfing. There's no real structure to that, I just do what I want when I want.
I do need to set aside an hour of time each day to do something I enjoy rather than just going through the motions. Whether it be exercise (I quite enjoy swimming) or writing my book etc. I need to work it into my day and stick to it. Sooner or later I'll get better at it and want to do it because that's what's expected of me at that time.

We've also made a plan to fix my hunger issues. I get really hungry at dinner and it's not good to have your biggest meal right before bed, even if it is "good" foods!

So from now on I'm going to have a massive breakfast, eg cooked mushrooms and egg on toast, then a medium sized lunch eg a tuna and salad sandwich or 2 and a light dinner eg some salad with dressing and a small piece of chicken breast. That way I'm burning the majority of the calories during the day and it should also increase my metabolism. The more you stimulate your metabolism to burn calories the better it performs.

I'll update how I'm going with eating a bigger breakfast in a week or so. Got to wait until shopping day on Thursday to get supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment