Saturday, February 13, 2010

Adjustment #4

Weight at last weigh in: 134.8
Amount of saline in balloon : 1260ml
Amount lost since last entry: 2kg, 3 cm from hips.

I had an adjustment on Thursday the 11th. I had 100ml added to my balloon, via the port.
I now have 1260ml in my balloon and have definitely noticed the difference. I think I'm going to be a little tender for a few days yet, I usually am after an adjustment. I think my stomach just needs to get used to the new level of being squished.

Since the adjustment all I've had to eat is:

Lunch Thursday: Grilled Salmon and Salad
Dinner Thursday: 100g serve Pan Fried Barramundi
Breakfast Friday : 2 weetbix and skim milk
Lunch Friday: Medium Boost Juice smoothie
Dinner Friday: 1 hot dog in roll with mustard and sauce
Supper Friday: Small sliver of brownie with 1 scoop of low fat ice-cream
Breakfast Saturday: 1 Medium sized Blueberry pancake with maple syrup

I'm right into fish at the moment, can't seem to get enough! Especially salmon and barramundi! They're my new comfort foods. Rather than a big bowl of ice-cream give me a nice, baked piece of fish! I'm really not all that into sweets any more, but my brain doesn't seem to have gotten the message. I keep buying things like 1kg bags of M&M's that usually would have been opened the moment I got home, but I've had it sitting there for 3 days now and it's still not been opened.

For dessert now I'm more likely to have a bowl of rockmelon with some ice-cream or vanilla yoghurt than anything else. Or a huge bowl of fruit salad with yoghurt.
Dessert used to be a MASSIVE bowl of ice-cream with mini M&M's, mini marshmallows, sprinkles and drowned in ice magic. Even the thought of eating those things now makes me feel queasy.

It helps a lot that my taste for sweets has diminished, almost to non-existence, since my surgery. I think if I still had the same sweet tooth as I used to this whole process would be a hell of a lot harder!

I plan to go for a walk this afternoon, might have to drag my friend out to come with me seeing as I'll be in the city staying with her. But I need to do it. It's been months since I got out and went for a walk, for dedicated exercise purposes.

I am really starting to believe that I'll make it to my goal weight now. At the beginning I always thought 'well I'm trying, even if I don't get there I've at least tried my best' and now I can actually see it happening. My clothes are huge on me, the ones that were tight now fit nicely and I fell more comfortable in my own skin.
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I can see I can and WILL make it!

xxx Cass

Oh and I also lost a further 2kg. So total for this month is 3kg weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment